Mechanical Design Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a mechanical design engineer to join our team on a permanent full-time basis.
Owen Developments designs, modifies, produces and builds turbochargers to an unrivaled level of quality, performance, and innovation. Owen Developments is proud of its reputation as a leader in this field and this is recognized by motorsport’s governing bodies, through status as the control supplier of motorsport turbochargers to the prestigious British Touring Car Championship, MINI Challenge, and Indy Lights.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to partake and have significant responsibility within designing new products, subassemblies, and component parts. You will also work on our current product line to design different component parts and also resolving any turbocharger operational matters. You will be expected to organize and maintain documentation on your design tasks and also provide a constructive input into the continuous improvement of our products and product lines.
- Strong technical background including a technical degree preferably in mechanical, electrical or automotive engineering, however, will consider other qualifications/experience
- Be able to use CAD tools for 3D modeling and 2D drawing
- Keen understanding of the processes of manufacturing and also engine components
- Good understanding of engine components and systems
- Knowledge of thermodynamics and turbocharging fundamentals
- Experience with DFMEA, engineering standards and specifications
- CAD operator and preferably experience in using Solidworks
- Proficient use of the Microsoft package – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Self-motivated with a keen interest in problem-solving and implementing design solutions
- Competitive salary package
- Holiday package
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
- Fantastic working environment
- Opportunity to progress and develop within the company
- Company related outings
If you think this is the role for you then please send your cover letter and your CV to email@example.com with the subject line 'Technical Design Engineer' and we will be in contact shortly.