Owen Developments have an opportunity for a Turbo Technician to join us on a full-time permanent basis starting ASAP. You will be part of a fantastic team based in our well-established turbo shop which covers all aspects of the turbocharging industry from remanufacture, bespoke builds, supply of all major manufactures turbos through to the manufacture of our own range of GBT performance turbochargers.
Owen Developments designs, modifies, produces and builds turbochargers to an unrivalled level of quality, performance and innovation. Owen Developments is proud of its reputation as a leader in this field and this is recognised by motorsport’s governing bodies, through status as the control supplier of motorsport turbochargers to the prestigious British Touring Car Championship, MINI Challenge and Indy Lights.
The role will include, but not limited to:
- To strip, inspect, diagnose turbo faults.
- Generate repair quotes and reports on turbochargers.
- Carry out the full remanufacture process of the turbochargers including component balancing, VSR vibration testing, VNT flow testing and actuation calibration.
- Build hybrid performance OEM upgrade turbochargers
- Build brand new custom performance turbochargers
- Build brand new motorsport specific turbochargers
- Basic general machining (all precision machining carried out by our in house machine shop)
- Operate Laser marking machine for branding and serial numbering identification.
We are looking for someone who
- Is enthusiastic, hardworking and willing to learn
- Has a mechanical/automotive/engineering background with experience
- Are looking to progress and develop
- Are self-motivated with a keen interest in problem solving and the ability to manage your own workload
- Has good attention to detail
- Competitive salary package
- Holiday package
- Development and progression within your role and the company
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
- Company related outings
If you think this is the role for you then please send your cover letter and your CV to email@example.com with the subject line 'Turbo Technician' and we will be in contact shortly.